Start blogging to connect with (and book) more clients!
Take advantage of all of the amazing benefits of content marketing- you can send these blog posts out as emails to your subscribers, use the blog as inspiration for your social media posts, or even use the prompt to make a video! A checklist of options is included after the blogging prompt.
Remember, your audience is your clients and future clients. Over time, the blogs you write will build a story of working with you and what experience they can expect, as well as educate your clients on the ins and outs of YOU being their photographer.
Do you offer payment plans for your clients? Clients appreciate knowing the options that they have when hiring you. Sharing details of payment options has the potential to remove a barrier for your clients and starts an open conversation about the price (and worth) of your work.
- Do you offer payment plans? Are they through you (such as using installments with ShootProof Invoices) or a third party, like Paypal credit?
- Do your clients need to apply ahead of their session or sales appointment?
- Is there a minimum spend to qualify for payment plans? Do all of your session types qualify for payment plans? If you keep your price list private, you don’t necessarily need to share it here. Using the phrase “most clients spend around $xxxx and pay in 2 installments” is a way to price anchor a potential client in a positive way.
- Share ways that you make it seamless and easy for your clients (such as AutoPay using ShootProof Invoices)
- Bonus: Do you offer an incentive or discount for paying in full before the session (or at the sales session)?
Talking about finances can be challenging; a post like this shows your clients you’re comfortable with open discussion! Be clear about whether you offer custom or set options, and always get your payment plan agreement in writing. Some contract templates include payment details or you may need a separate payment plan agreement or addendum.
Use this prompt for content marketing:
In a recent community virtual meet up, we discussed all of the ways that writing a post like this can be shared with your clients. For now I’m going to offer a quick checklist of how this can be used, but keep an eye out for an upcoming post with more details!
- Answer the prompts above as a blog post on your blog. Sprinkle in images you haven’t shared recently - clients LOVE when their images re-surface!
- Send out a teaser (think the intro paragraph or a small except) as an email to your list with a link to continue reading!
- Bullet point the questions above as an Instagram and/or Facebook post and share the link to the post (tip: on Instagram, put the link in your bio so that it’s clickable!)
- Pin the article on your Pinterest boards (use a template in Canva to make a quick & easy Pinterest image!)
- Create a short format video advertising your payment plans! Share it as a TikTok or Reel on Instagram.
- Create an email template including the link to your post as a quick and easy response when you have an inquiry about your services that mentions payment options.
That’s SIX pieces of marketing you can create from a single prompt. How many potential clients can you reach? The sky is the limit!
Comment below with a link to your blog or any other ways you’ve shared your new piece of content. We’d love to check it out. And, if you have any questions about any of the features mentioned, ask away in the comments. Ready.. set.. write!
Looking for more blog prompts? Find them all here.