Start blogging to connect with (and book) more clients!
Take advantage of all of the amazing benefits of content marketing- you can send these blog posts out as emails to your subscribers, use the blog as inspiration for your social media posts, or even use the prompt to make a video! A checklist of options is included after the blogging prompt.
Your audience is your clients and future clients. Over time, the blogs you write will build a story of working with you and what experience they can expect, as well as educate your clients on the ins and outs of YOU being their photographer.
Believe it or not, it’s time to plan holiday photos! Create a plan and clearly communicate it to your clients. These prompts will get you started, but you may have additional details to share. Leave a comment below if we forgot anything!
- Are you doing set dates for holiday photos? Do you have available session times left?
- Share set details- are you in a studio, at a farm, in a field, in client’s homes? Are props provided? Would certain colors of clothing work best?
- Do you offer special holiday items such as card designs, ornaments, puzzles, calendars? Are these items included in your pricing or separate purchases?
- What is the realistic timing your clients can expect for turnaround of photos and items? Share any deadlines for print or design you may have.
- Bonus: do you offer a referral credit or special gift for clients who refer friends & family? This is a great time to share that!
Holidays are hectic, so clear communication ahead of time creates realistic expectations for your clients. Be sure your contract reflects any changes you make during this time of the year!
Use this prompt for content marketing:
Are you fully leveraging your blog posts to talk to your clients? One piece of content can be used in many ways- take these ideas and run with them!
- Answer the prompts above as a blog post on your blog. Sprinkle in images you haven’t shared recently - clients LOVE when their images re-surface!
- Send out a teaser (think the intro paragraph or a small except) as an email to your list with a link to continue reading!
- Bullet point the questions above as an Instagram and/or Facebook post and share the link to the post (tip: on Instagram, put the link in your bio so that it’s clickable!)
- Pin the article on your Pinterest boards (use a template in Canva to make a quick & easy Pinterest image!)
- Create a short format video advertising your payment plans! Share it as a TikTok or Reel on Instagram.
- Create an email template including the link to your post as a quick and easy response when you have an inquiry about your services that mentions payment options.
Comment below with a link to your blog or any other ways you’ve shared your new piece of content. We’d love to check it out. And, if you have any questions about any of the features mentioned, ask away in the comments. Ready.. set.. write!
Looking for more blog prompts? Find them all here.
The featured photo of a mother and daughter’s holiday photo is used with permission from CHillDesigns Photography